Position Available at Local 55Posted September 1, 2017
Calgary Catholic Teachers ATA Local 55
Invites applications for the position of:
Local Executive Assistant
Responsible to the Table Officers and the Executive Committee of Calgary Catholic Teachers ATA Local 55, the Local Executive Assistant will provide advice, assistance and representation to the teachers of Local 55 by receiving and acting upon concerns, complaints and grievances pertaining to collective agreement interpretation, acting as liaison at the staff level with the Calgary Catholic School District and the Provincial Teachers’ Association, conducting research for the Local as required and serving as a nonvoting member of the Local. Additionally, the Local Executive Assistant will assist the President in all matters pertaining to its governance at the request of the President and the Local including any committees to which they are assigned in order to ensure the proper management of its affairs. The successful candidate will be required to attend all meetings of Table Officers, Executive, the Council of School Representatives, Advisory, Economic Policy and the Negotiating subcommittee and other committees as may be required to effectively conduct the business of the Local.
Qualifications will include:
- A Master’s Degree in Education or equivalent experience
- A Valid teaching certificate and teaching experience in a Catholic jurisdiction
- A thorough knowledge of the local and provincial organization’s structures, policies and procedures
- Knowledge and experience of the collective bargaining process
- Exceptional management and human relations skills and experience in conflict resolution
- A high degree of leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
Preference will go to candidates who demonstrate:
- A strong commitment to the values of publicly funded Catholic education
- Experience and familiarity with The Calgary Catholic Teachers ATA Local 55 and Calgary Catholic School District.
Terms of Employment:
The successful candidate will be eligible for a one-year probationary contract of employment with the local. A successful probationary period would lead to a recommendation for a continuous contract with the local. Vacation and holiday periods are similar to those of Calgary Catholic Local 55.
An annual salary equivalent to 140% of the maximum salary possible (Grid D) in accordance with the basic salary schedule in the collective agreement between the Alberta Teachers’ Association and the Calgary Catholic School District
Letter of application supported by a resume, including relevant professional experience and qualifications, academic background and two letters of reference must be submitted in person, by fax, or electronically no later than Friday noon, September 22, 2017 to:
Executive Assistant Selection Committee
Calgary Catholic Teachers
The Alberta Teachers Association Local 55
Suite 214, 3016 – 5th Ave. Northeast
By Fax: (403) 263-7830